Instagram’s users love Stories. Individuals and brands tell stories with either words, pictures, or videos!
But what is it with stories that people love and see out of curiosity? Stories tell us how we make sense of the world, how we socialize with other people, and how we connect with them.
It’s not only in the books that you can read stories.
It’s not only through our storytelling classes we get to hear stories.
There are stories we can see and interact with now on Instagram!
Share your story with just a few taps and pictures, and videos. Say hello to Instagram Stories!
If you’re a business owner, a content creator, or an influencer, you can maximize the use of Instagram Stories. This feature is a simple, yet quick way to showcase you or your brand’s personality.
People love transparency when it comes to building trust. And, your audience would love to build that trust with you by seeing you, behind the scenes!
So, let’s dive deep into Instagram Stories and how we can make them easily.
Table of Contents
What are Instagram Stories?
Say hello to one of the most used Instagram features, Instagram Stories. This feature gives you exclusive, short-lived content with a glimpse into your day or a different side of your brand.
Instagram Stories are only available for 24 hours. And, this time is enough as an opportunity to let you try new ways of connecting with your audience!
With Stories, just like Instagram, you are free to share and express your creativity with your designs! But what happens if you’re out of those creative juices? Or when you don’t have the time to make designs for your Stories? And, well, with this being one of the most used features, how can you stand out to tell your story?
Don’t worry because we have the answer: Canva design templates!
If you’re not familiar with Canva, it’s the home to millions of professionally designed templates ready anytime to roll or customize to match your brand aesthetic. Canva helps you save time with design templates as it just lets you input the content you want to be seen in your post on the template you chose. And, you know what’s cool with templates?
Canva’s Instagram Story design templates are huge time savers. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide:
How to Use Canva Templates to Design Instagram Stories
Before we start, you need to know that Canva has an app and you can download it on your phones or tablets. If you don’t want to edit on a small screen, you can open the Canva website and edit there!
Now that you know it, the real question is: how do we actually use the Canva Templates to Make Instagram Stories?
1. Open the Canva App or Website
2. Search Instagram Story templates or select custom dimensions at 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels tall. The pixel sizes are the dimensions of Instagram Story.
3. Select a template to customize, or you can start your design from scratch. You can choose and search for whatever design template you want from the tab.
4. Add images you want in your Story. To add an image from your library, click on the template. Your pictures will appear at the bottom of the screen with your Camera Roll, or your computer’s file folder will show up. You’ll also be given an option to search and use Canva’s image library that holds millions of images and illustrations. So, by tapping on the image, it’s added to your design!
5. Add or edit other elements. Canva allows you to add and edit other elements like text, shapes, frames, lines, icons, and charts into your design. These elements can be resized and moved to the placement you want.
6. Hit the ‘Download’ button. Once you’re happy with the design, you can just click on the Download button and choose the format to save your design on your phone or computer!
If you want to use Canva templates and save yourself time, you can choose one of their many templates! Showcase your Instagram Stories and make you and your brand aesthetic recognizable by your audience.
Canva’s templates make graphic design a lot more fun! So, try experimenting on them for your Instagram Stories.