Instagram is one of the best ways to promote your brand or business. And, it is so popular that there are already over 1 billion users! With the amount of IG users, most people want to get noticed and establish our credibility. So, how do we do that?
The Verification Badge! This is a huge indicator for people to know and trust you, your brand, and your business.
If you’re not familiar with the verification badge, it’s the blue tick beside your username. It’s what most brands and influencer profiles want the most when it comes to using Instagram. After all, this blue tick holds so much value that it’s the symbol of validation, celebrity and authenticity!
However! Getting that verified badge on Instagram isn’t as easy as 123. Fret not, though, as we are here to give you the essential tips on how to get verified on Instagram. But, let’s start with getting to know what getting verified means!
Table of Contents
What is Instagram Verified?
A verification on Instagram represents the authentic account of the public figure, celebrity, or brand. The verification symbol is the blue tick beside your usernames. It can be seen on the profile or in search results.
See how that blue tick is so validating? It’s why this verification badge is considered a status symbol on Instagram. It’s rare, and its exclusiveness gives off that value of prestige. And, this blue tick gives verified accounts higher engagements on average.
It’s essential to take note that this blue tick only shows authenticity and not authority or subject matter expertise. Also, you cannot change the username when you are verified. So, better be sure with your usernames!
Okay, but who else is qualified for the verification badge? Well, read the next one!
Who Can Get Verified on Instagram?
Anyone can request to get that blue tick. But, Instagram is rather picky (in many mysterious ways) on who gets verified. Well, then, if your account is becoming “notable,” how would you know if you’re qualified?
- Authentic. It’s a no-brainer that your account should meet this criterion. So, are you managing your branded account? Or are you a business? Well, because you can’t cross this one out if you’re running a meme page or a fan account.
- Unique. You can only have one account per person or company verified on Instagram. Well, except if your account is language-specific.
- Public. Your account should be in this mode, not private. Private profiles are not eligible for verification, mainly because they’re not public.
- Complete. With complete, you should have the bio, profile photo, and at least one post.
- Notable. Your account should be well-known. And, in Instagram vocabulary, “well-known” means you are “highly searched for.” Also, no worries because you can still get that verification badge even if you’re not famous (just read for more to find out!)
You can get verified as long as you meet all of the following criteria. But what about the notability criterion? Well, you could offer your proof of “notability.” You could show that your account is in the public interest. And, guess what. The number of followers you have is not a factor in getting your account verified.
If you’re confident enough that you meet these terms, or if you want to take a chance, go and request that blue tick for your Instagram account. Okay, but how do we do that? Well, scroll for more!
6 Easy Step-by-Step on How to Request the Verification Badge
Now, here is an easy guide of 6 step-by-step to help you request for that blue tick next to your username:
- Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Request Verification.
- Fill in the application form.
- Tap Send.
Wow, you have done it and sent the request for the blue tick! Instagram would be sending their response via your notifications tab. Why through the notifications tab? Well, because of past and continuing concerns with scammers, Instagram is pointed out that they will never email you, ask for money, or otherwise reach out!
Okay, then, anyone can apply for Instagram verification. But, getting accepted is a much more difficult task. So, are there also essential tips on how to get your Instagram verified? Yes, there are, and you can read them below!
Essential Tips on How to Get Verified on Instagram
- Don’t Buy a Verification Badge. Instagram scammers are well aware that people and businesses have strong feelings about the blue tick, and some are very good at making themselves appear legitimate. Oh no, so be cautious! Also, keep in mind that Instagram will never ask for payment or email you at all.
- Monitor for Fake Accounts. We have some good news for you if you’ve been dealing with unapproved, fraudulent, or fan accounts misrepresenting your business. You’re a perfect candidate for Instagram verification! After all, authentication is in the criteria.
- Remove Cross-Platform Links in your Bio. Instagram said that verified accounts are not allowed to have those “add me” links to other social media platforms on their profiles. But, you can connect your Instagram account to your website, landing pages, or other internet sites, but not to your YouTube or Twitter accounts. So, better remove them if you want your account verified!
- Be Honest. You have to be truthful when filling up your request for the blue tick. If you lie in your application, Instagram says they may delete your account aside from being denied.
- Be an Active User. Keep posting valuable content that excites your audience’s attention. Do this by maximizing carousel formats, reels, stories, highlights, TVs, and so on. Also, you can appear on the Explore tab if you engage your audience with your posts and include relevant hashtags, improving your chances of being discovered by non-followers.
- If You Got Denied the First-Time, Apply Again. As they say, the magic is in the follow-ups. Well, it’s just that this follow-up is requesting another response from Instagram to get the verification badge.
- Don’t Be a Rebel Against IG Community Guidelines. Well, this one’s a no-brainer. You can’t violate Instagram’s terms and conditions or community guidelines if you want to be verified. And, I know you don’t want to risk getting your account suspended, or worse, deleted.
The oh-so-popular blue tick beside your username gives your Instagram account more credibility and encourages more people to follow you. To effectively expand your Instagram audience, you must plan your content strategy and continuously create posts to get that verified badge.
So, what will you do to your account to get the blue tick and be verified?