Instagram’s newest feature: Collabs! Imagine collaborating so easily and fast with other creators and brands. How so? Now, you can co-author your Posts and Reels with just a few taps.
This is a big deal, especially for content creators and brands who work with them! As a result, both parties will get additional reach and engagement thanks to Instagram Collabs including both usernames in the header of the main post.
A great way to benefit from this, especially with music creators, would be to Collab with other influencers in the same niche. This way, you can potentially share like-minded followers.
But, wait, there’s more!
The Post or Reel, if accepted, will also appear on both your profile grids.
Before we dive deep into how to use Instagram’s newest feature, what is this Instagram Collabs feature? What are the other major benefits?
What Are Instagram Collabs?
The new Instagram Collabs feature allows you to invite another user to collaborate on a Post or Reel. This feature makes it possible for you to instantly share the content with the followers of two accounts.
In short, you can co-author content with another Instagram user, the post shows up on both of your profiles and in the feeds of your followers! Giving you more visibility and engaging with both of your communities.
The usernames participating in the Collab will appear in the header, where viewers can tap easily to visit profiles.
Now that you know what Instagram Collabs are about, how do we use them?
How to Use Instagram Collabs
An easy step-by-step guide on using Instagram Collabs.
- Open Instagram and click the + (plus) sign.
- Choose one content type and select a picture or video to share. You can decide whether the content you would be posting will be a Post, Story, Reel, or Live. Then, select an image or video you would like to share, then tap Next when you’re ready or done. The editing options will appear. So, if you wish to edit your post, go ahead, or tap Next!
- Click Tag People, then click on Invite Collaborators.
- Search the username you want to Collab with, then tap the account.
- Just click ‘Done,’ and it will upload to your profile! Once the post is uploaded, and you’ve selected your collaborator, the user you collaborated with will receive a request in their DMs to approve the post. The shared post will not appear until they’ve accepted your request.
On the other hand, you can accept Collab invites. Simply click ‘Accept’ in your DMs.
Once you’ve accepted the Collab invite, the post is shared automatically on both your profiles. It’s simple yet incredible!
What are you waiting for? Go, and enjoy Instagram’s newest feature, Instagram Collabs!